Use Process Builder when you need to start a behind-the-scenes business process automatically. Processes can start when:
- A record is created
- A record is updated
- A platform event occurs
Use Flow Builder to:
- Automate a guided visual experience.
- Add more functionality for a behind-the-scenes process than is available in Process Builder. Use Flow Builder to build the more complex functionality. Then call the resulting flow from the process.
- Start a behind-the-scenes business process:
- When a user clicks something, like a button
- When a record is created
- When a record is updated
- When a platform event occurs
- At a specified time and frequency